Indulge in some ‘me’ time with a Zinio magazine subscription.
Once you become a parent it can be difficult to make time for yourself. I recently admitted that I fail spectacularly at finding some ‘me’ time. If I’m not at work, I’m running around the house after Sophia and Dexter. Once they’re in bed, I’m either writing for Chez Mummy, Working Parents United, or for others. And then there’s my book proposal…if I ever find the time to finish it.
I suppose you could say that writing is my escape; my ‘me’ time. But, I can’t tell you the last time I had a relaxing soak in the bath or sat down to read a magazine for the fun of it. It’s been far too long. So, when Zinio asked if I’d like a magazine subscription from them, as well as more to give away, I almost snapped their virtual hand off.
Zinio is a company that provides digital magazine subscriptions so that you can read your favourite magazines on the go, either on your phone, iPad, computer, electronic reader etc. They showcase more than 5,000 digital magazines on its digital newsstand with readers in more than 200 countries.
I chose a subscription to Woman magazine and it was all easy to set up. Each magazine’s description will tell you how much a subscription costs, how many issues that includes and what country that particular magazine covers (I almost chose Grazia, but discovered in time that it was for South Africa). I downloaded their app to my smartphone and actually managed to enjoy five minutes reading a magazine for the first time in ages the other night! Reading a magazine digitally instead of holding it in your hands takes a bit of getting used to, but it definitely makes it easier for me. I’ve since downloaded the app to my iPad to give me more reading options and hopefully encourage me to do it more frequently.
Zinio has also just introduced something called a ‘Z-Pass’. This means you can get three magazines for $5 a month (either the same three each time or you can swap them for new titles every month). This can be a good way to find and try out new magazines before committing to a full subscription.
Fancy reclaiming some ‘me’ time? If you do, I’ve got nine Zinio magazine subscriptions to give away. To enter, head on over to the Zinio website and leave me a comment telling me which magazine you would like a subscription for and why.
For extra entries, you can:
- Follow Zinio on Twitter
- Like Zinio on Facebook
- Like Chez Mummy on Facebook
- Tweet the following: “I’m reclaiming some me time! I’ve entered to win a @zinio magazine subscription with @Chez_Mummy. Enter at http://www.chezmummy.com/2013/09/win-zinio-magazine-subscriptions/”.
For each extra entry, please leave a separate comment to tell me that you’ve done them along with your Facebook or Twitter username (I will be checking!) otherwise, they will not be counted. And if you tweet about the giveaway, please leave me a link to the actual tweet.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is for nine people to win one magazine subscription each. Multiple subscriptions cannot be won by the same person.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there will be no cash alternative.
- This giveaway is open to all residents worldwide.
- This giveaway will end at midnight (BST in the UK) on Friday 11 October 2013. Winners will be selected at random, their entries confirmed as valid, and announced here.
- Winners will be contacted within 48 hours of the giveaway closing. If a winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
- Winners can choose any title offered on Zinio, but must agree to their email address being passed to Zinio. This is necessary to activate the subscription.
- It will be the responsibility of Zinio to issue prizes to winners, not Chez Mummy. Chez Mummy will not be held liable for any issues regarding the distribution of the prizes.